27 February 2012

Progress improving

Well, after I went and posted about how slowly this phase is going, yesterday I made a lot of headway. I credit the friends who came, brought amazing coffee, and hung out with me while I worked. The front shed is more than halfway laced to the shed rod now.



Here is a shot of the loom as it looks right now. You can see a lot of the front shed is now attached to the shed rod. You can also get a peek at the tumble of terracotta loom weights under the loom!


Here is a close-up of the front shed. It's a little hard to see because of the low contrast between the natural linen lacing thread and the pine closet rod. But if you look carefully you can see the cross of linen thread going over each wool warp end. At the right is the linen lacing thread that leads down to one of the two bobbins I'm using. You can also see that I've marked the shed rod in quarter-inch intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment